So word from the folks at the Intercon is that the maestro Alain Ducasse will be back at his 1-Michelin star SPOON restaurant for a Gala Dinner on Friday, September 11th.
If you don’t know him, then all you really need to know is that he’s currently at the helm of three restaurants each awarded three Michelin stars – in Monaco, Paris and London. He has another ten stars to his name around the world, meaning he’s one of the world’s most decorated chefs. No wonder he’s got such a cheeky grin:
SPOON Executive Chef Stéphane Gortina is preparing a 6-course Gala Dinner Menu – specially priced at HK$1,688 per person, inclusive of a Champagne Reception with Alain Ducasse himself at the SPOON Bar from 7:00pm-8:00pm. Then guests will dine on:
- Chilled Courgette Velouté, fresh goat cheese
- Warm Young Rabbit and Foie Gras
- Cookpot of Spelt, seasonal vegetables, herb pesto
- Blue Lobster, chanterelles, salicornia and lemon
- Wild Strawberries in warm jus, mascarpone sorbet
- Chocolate from Alain Ducasse’s Manufacture de chocolat in Paris, crunchy praline
SPOON Sommelier Mathieu Ginglardi has prepared a wine pairing option for an additional HK$1,288 per person which includes:
- Champagne – Notes Blanches – Fleury
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape –Domaine de Marcoux 2013
- Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru – Les Caillerets – Marc Colin 2012
- Champagne – Petite Douceur Rosé – Gosset
I’ll be doing all I can to get some time to speak to the great man, so watch this space.